Posts for tag: dental bonding
There's no need to live with a damaged smile when dental bonding, a common cosmetic dentistry treatment, can improve your appearance. With the help of our Williston, VT, dentists, Dr. Gabriel Mannarino and Dr. Holly Halliday, bonding can restore your smile.
What is dental bonding?
During dental bonding, flexible composite resin is added to your teeth to repair or reshape them. One of the most impressive features of composite resin is its ability to bond to tooth enamel. Although it's soft and flexible when it's applied in our Williston office, exposing it to a curing light hardens it and ensures that it's as strong and durable as your tooth enamel. Composite resin is tinted to match the most common tooth shades, making it an excellent choice for many types of dental repairs.
How is bonding used?
Bonding is used to treat a variety of issues that affect the appearance of teeth, including:
- Cracks and Chips: Although chips and surface cracks may not affect the health of your teeth, they can make you feel self-conscious when you smile. Filling in a chip with composite resin or using it to cover a crack offers an excellent way to repair damage and boost your self-esteem.
- Breaks: Bonding can be used to restore broken parts of teeth. If you happen to have the broken section of your tooth, it may even be possible to reattach it.
- Worn Teeth: Wear and tear eventually takes a toll on teeth, eroding the enamel and changing the length. If your teeth have become shorter due to wear and tear or grinding and clenching, bonding will help restore your normal tooth length.
- Changes in Color: A blow to your tooth or an antibiotic taken during childhood can permanently change the color of a tooth. Adding a little composite resin is a simple way to conceal discolorations.
- Imperfections: In addition to repairing damage to teeth, bonding can also be used to hide flaws in teeth or change the shape. Adding a little composite resin can make your twisted tooth look straight or can smooth out uneven surfaces.
Could your smile benefit from dental bonding? If you're interested in this cosmetic dentistry treatment, call our Williston, VT, dentists, Dr. Mannarino and Dr. Halliday, at (802) 878-0600 to schedule an appointment.
Find out more about this simple and easy way to improve the shape of a tooth or teeth.
Not all cosmetic and restorative dentistry has to be extensive or require multiple visits or hours in our chair. What if our Williston, VT dentists, Dr. Gabriel Mannarino and Dr. Holly Halliday, told you that there is a simple, one-visit approach to improving the shape, size and even color of a tooth? You may not believe us, but it might be time you asked us about dental bonding and what it can do for you.
What is dental bonding?
The same tooth-colored resin that we use to fill cavities can also be used to treat aesthetic issues in teeth, as well. Everything is performed painlessly right here in our office. We apply the bonding to your teeth and shape and trim it until we have the desired look you’re happy with. Then the bonding is hardened with a special light. It’s really that simple!
What issues can dental bonding address?
Dental bonding is a great option for anyone looking to cover up these unsightly imperfections:
- Uneven teeth
- Small gaps between teeth
- Worn teeth
While dental bonding won’t be able to tackle serious dental issues it can be a great way to cover simple stains and it’s a great way to close small gaps between your teeth.
What are the benefits of getting dental bonding in Williston, VT?
Dental bonding is a safe, easy, fast and painless approach to getting a more attractive smile. Dental bonding can often be performed in just one visit (unless you are treating multiple teeth) and is usually completed in anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour, depending on the location of the tooth and what we are treating.
Dental bonding is an easy but effective way to hide minor dental flaws. If you want to find out if you should get dental bonding in Williston, VT, then call Williston Dental Team today.