Do you feel as though the imperfections in your smile are dragging you down? When you look in the mirror, do you see your chipped front tooth before you see anything else? If your answer to these questions is yes, cosmetic dentistry from Dr. Gabriel Mannarino and Dr. Holly Halliday in Williston, VT might be the answer to your problems. Cosmetic procedures revitalize your teeth and give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
What is the difference between cosmetic and restorative dentistry?
While there are some procedures which fall into both types of dentistry, cosmetic dentistry focuses more on the outcome’s aesthetic appearance. Restorative dentistry focuses on repairing the teeth and providing a proper biting surface. A Williston cosmetic dentist’s strict attention to detail allows them to tweak your smile into a beautiful grin to be proud of.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Veneers: Porcelain or composite material veneers give your teeth a renewed appearance. They sit on the surface of the teeth to cover imperfections such as chips, cracks, misaligned or misshapen teeth and discolored teeth. The procedure usually takes two appointments and the results are immediate.
- Teeth whitening: Teeth whitening is one of the easiest and most surefire ways to brighten and rejuvenate your smile. In just one session, the color of your teeth could lift up to ten shades.
- Crowns & Bridgework: Crowns protect damaged or weakened teeth and allow the tooth to keep its natural roots. Bridges replace missing teeth using one crown on either side of the restoration to anchor the bridge in place.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the most effective and permanent way to replace a missing tooth. Unlike a dental bridge, implants replace the tooth’s root and provide a solid foundation for a replacement tooth.
- Composite bonding: This tooth colored material bonded directly onto the teeth corrects small imperfections like chips. It also restores the tooth’s natural shape.
- Tooth-colored fillings: When a tooth has a cavity, your dentist removes the decay from the tooth. This leaves a hole, which tooth-colored fillings fill to restore the tooth’s structure.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry procedures, please contact Dr. Gabriel Mannarino and Dr. Holly Halliday at Williston Dental Team in Williston, VT. Call (802) 878-0600 to schedule your appointment for a cosmetic dentistry procedure today!